Real recycling within a circular economy
The End of Waste Foundation is built on the vision of producing a circular economy within the recycling industry, eliminating waste and fostering a revolutionary paradigm of shared responsibility.
Through our Recycling Traceability System™ (RTS™) we track quantities of glass from bin to bottle, ensuring efficiency and accountability. At each stage of recycling, we’re creating the opportunity to divert glass from landfills and give it a new life.
Our system is powered by environmentally conscious businesses and consumers who contribute to the Proof of Recycling Program which subsidizes the efforts made by our waste and recycling enrolled partners to divert waste from landfills.
Contributing individuals and organizations receive the Glass Recycling Certificates or Sustainable Packaging Certificates that validates the amount of glass diverted from landfills and how much CO2 has been diverted from entering the atmosphere.
Contributors Demand side
Individuals, Product Manufacturers and Other Businesses who want to offset their CO2 footprint and help reverse climate change.
End of Waste Foundation Platform curator
Transactional Platform - Acts as a market place for Glass Recycling Certificates.
Recipients Supply side
Municipalities, Material Recovery Facilities (MRFs), Glass Processors and Manufacturers who are enrolled in our Recycling Traceability System™ (RTS™).
Our Recycling Traceability System™ (RTS™) tracks quantities of glass through each stage of the recycling process.
Each month, our waste and recycling partners report and validate how much glass is moving through the system. This validation ensures a certain quantity of glass is being recycled and turned into new products.
Glass Recycling Certificates are used to verify how much glass has avoided landfills and how much CO2 has been saved from the atmosphere.
Verification of glass recycling creates powerful marketing opportunities and a truly circular economy. Investments help create long term benefits via infrastructure, research & development and education.
Once a traceability chain has been completed and validated, quantities of recycled glass are made available in the End of Waste Foundation Marketplace.
Businesses and individuals looking to offset their carbon footprint and become more sustainable can purchase Glass Recycling Certificates.
Recycling Traceability System
Distributed Responsibility System
Today we find a binary approach regarding the responsibility of packaging waste. Either the product manufacturer holds the responsibility through Extended Producer Responsibility schemes (EPR), or the consumer pays the bill (hauler services, waste disposal fees, etc.)
This simplified system has proven its limits over time, mainly because responsibility belongs to all the actors involved in the lifecycle of a product.
A fair system is one in which the responsibility is distributed between the main stakeholders involved in the lifecycle of a product.
This is why our approach is an input-output model, with responsibility retained by a stakeholder correlated to the value it adds, a factor which is independent of sector classification and the number of participants in the supply side of the platform.
- Producer 35%
- Distributor 20%
- Retail 20%
- Consumer 25%
• Increase glass recycling in your communities
• Tap into new end-markets for municipal glass waste
• Receive tools and resources to educate & engage your community
• Verify recycling rates in your community and track environmental impact
• Participate in a circular economy for glass
• Produce and source more local glass cullet
• Reduce energy needs and save natural resources
• Leverage technology and investments to increase recycling rates and profitability on glass
• Offset your company’s carbon footprint
• Cultivate your brand and gain market share by promoting sustainability
• Demonstrate leadership by supporting efforts to reverse climate change
• Be a part of a circular economy and keep recycling economically viable
• Join the cause to increase glass recycling rates from 33% to 85% by 2030
• Offset your carbon footprint
• Rest easy knowing your efforts are making a verifiable difference
• Fuel recycling infrastructure & create healthier communities